[unixODBC-support] timeout

kis zsigmond kzsd2 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 08:34:48 BST 2005

  Hy!

  I'm connecting to MSSQL from Debian linux using
unixODBC and the FreeTDS driver. I have a timeout
problem: if the network connection to the server fails
after a successfull connection (by SQLConnect) a call
to SQLQuery blocks until the newtwork connection is
reestablished. I've set the
SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT and the
SQL_ATTR_LOGIN_TIMEOUT two. Upon statement execution
I've set the SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT. No results, the
query still blocks.
  I'm using the latest stable version of unixODBC and FreeTDS.