[unixODBC-support] WORKAROUND SOLUTION INFO & PLEASE PROVIDE A 32 BIT CONFIGURE OPTION

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Thu Sep 15 18:00:12 BST 2005

Ilming Elvira (Semizen) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as ORACLE does not support ODBC on Linux x86 - 64 bit
>(ERROR [A07A] 'GENERIC_ODBC_FOR_HS' driver is not licensed)
>a possible WORKAROUND IS TO COMPILE unixODBC AS 32 BIT VERSION (The Oracle hsodbc part is 32bits only in Oracle 10g).
>
>PLEASE PROVIDE A 32 BIT OPTION IN THE configure SCRIPT IN FUTURE VERSIONS OF unixODBC. THANK YOU!
>
>Elvira

Not that simple I am afraid, the script builds whatever the current
CFLAGS instructs the compiler to build, the options to build 32/64 are
different for every compiler and platform

The will be a newer version of libtool in the next release that should
handle this better though, and only need the flags changing, not editing
files.