[unixODBC-support] Record CUSTOMERS has no fields

Ilming Elvira (Semizen) elvira.ilming at niedermeyer.at
Wed Sep 14 16:38:53 BST 2005

Hello again from good old Austria,

finally we managed to compile unixODBC and the postgreSQL ODBC Driver as a 32 bit version, to be used with ORACLE (as ORACLE has not licensed and does not support 64bit).

Now we can connect but we cannot select data:

crm_prod=> \dt
                       List of relations
 Schema |               Name               | Type  |   Owner
--------+----------------------------------+-------+------------
 crm    | address                          | table | crm
 crm    | customers                        | table | crm

SQL> create public database link myodbc connect to "crm" identified by "pwd" using 'TEST'

Database link created.

SQL> select * from dual at myodbc;

-

SQL> select cus_id from customers at myodbc;
select cus_id from customers at myodbc
                   *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC]Record CUSTOMERS has no fields. Loading failed
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from MYODBC

Is this a "known feature"?

We appreciate any comment from you, so thanX in advance and have a great evening,

Elvira