[unixODBC-support] Please Help Me. (If you dont help me, I will be fired by my boss.)

lengwuqing at sohu.com lengwuqing at sohu.com
Fri Oct 21 07:53:35 BST 2005

Hi,All:
     I work on Solaris 8 and Solaris 9, the database is PostgreSql 7.4, the unixODBC is 2.2.11.
     I copied the ODBC test program from unixODBC.org, and set the Login-Timeout and connect to my database.
     If the ip of the target database is an existent IP but not database, the SQLConnect function return a false value immediately; While the ip of the target database isnot an existent IP, the SQLConnect ignore my timeout setting and always hold for 225 sendonds<The actual value is a fixed as 225.>.
     Could you all tell me how I can ctronol the timeout in my this case?
Thanks.
lengwuqing