[unixODBC-support] pthread and unixODBC problem

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Thu Oct 13 11:18:00 BST 2005

José M. Puyal wrote:

>Hi Nick,
>
>The thread works fine with the database if we pass it a connection
>already created, but it faults if is the thread who creates the
>connection.

Try the debugger to see if its failing in the driver or the driver manager.

Any idea whats causing this

[ODBC][10691][SQLSetConnectAttr.c][295]Error: SQL_INVALID_HANDLE

AFAIK, it all works ok with threads, so I would suspect either a bug of
some sort in your code or in the driver. The DM doesn't do that much in
that area. I could always be wrong though.