[unixODBC-support] build problem on Solaris 9

William D. McCoy wdmccoy at geo.umass.edu
Sat Nov 19 17:25:01 GMT 2005


William D. McCoy wrote:
> I am trying to build unixODBC 2.2.11 on a Sun Ultra-1 running SunOS 5.9 
> (Solaris 9).  To configure, I used:
> 
> ./configure --x-includes=/usr/openwin/share/include/X11
>         -x-lib=/usr/openwin/lib
> 
> and it configured ok.
> 
> make ran fine for a couple of hours (it's a slow machine!) but then 
> ended in an error in the DataManager directory.  Having not seen the 
> error I reran make this morning and captured the output and standard 
> error.  Here are the relevant (I think) parts:
> 
> ...
> Making all in ini
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/unixODBC/unixODBC-2.2.11/ini'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/unixODBC/unixODBC-2.2.11/ini'
> Making all in libltdl
> ...
> ...
> Making all in DataManager
> make[1]: Entering directory 
> `/usr/share/src/unixODBC/unixODBC-2.2.11/DataManager'
> /bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link g++  -g -O2   -o DataManager 
> classCanvas.o classColumn.o classDataManager.o classDataSource.o 
> classDataSources.o classDriver.o classDrivers.o classISQL.o classIndex.o 
> classIndexs.o classLogin.o classNode.o
> classODBC.o classPrimaryKeys.o classSpecialColumns.o classTable.o 
> classTables.o
> classConnectionFrame.o classBrowseFrame.o classBrowse.o main.o 
> mclassDataManager.o mclassCanvas.o mclassLogin.o mclassISQL.o 
> mclassConnectionFrame.o mclassBrowseFrame.o mclassBrowse.o 
> -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/qt/lib -lqt  -lXext -lX11 -lsocket 
> ../odbcinst/libodbcinst.la ../DriverManager/libodbc.la  -lthread
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.la' was moved.
> libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.la' was moved.
> g++ -g -O2 -o .libs/DataManager classCanvas.o classColumn.o 
> classDataManager.o classDataSource.o classDataSources.o classDriver.o 
> classDrivers.o classISQL.o classIndex.o classIndexs.o classLogin.o 
> classNode.o classODBC.o classPrimaryKeys.o
> classSpecialColumns.o classTable.o classTables.o classConnectionFrame.o 
> classBrowseFrame.o classBrowse.o main.o mclassDataManager.o 
> mclassCanvas.o mclassLogin.o mclassISQL.o mclassConnectionFrame.o 
> mclassBrowseFrame.o mclassBrowse.o  -L/usr/openwin/lib 
> -L/usr/local/qt/lib /usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.so -lpng -lz -lGL -lXmu 
> -lresolv -lnsl -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lsocket 
> ../odbcinst/.libs/libodbcinst.so ../DriverManager/.libs/libodbc.so -ldl 
> /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib 
> -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -lthread 
> -R/usr/local/qt/lib -R/usr/local/lib
> Undefined                       first referenced
>  symbol                             in file
> iniOpen                             classDataManager.o
> iniObjectSeekSure                   classDataManager.o
> iniValue                            classDataManager.o
> iniPropertyInsert                   classDataManager.o
> iniObjectDelete                     classDataManager.o
> iniObjectEOL                        classDataManager.o
> iniPropertyNext                     classDataManager.o
> iniPropertyEOL                      classDataManager.o
> iniProperty                         classDataManager.o
> iniObjectNext                       classDataManager.o
> iniElement                          classDataSource.o
> iniPropertyFirst                    classDataManager.o
> iniCommit                           classDataManager.o
> iniObject                           classDataManager.o
> iniObjectFirst                      classDataManager.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to 
> .libs/DataManager
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [DataManager] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory 
> `/usr/share/src/unixODBC/unixODBC-2.2.11/DataManager'make: *** 
> [all-recursive] Error 1
> 
> The .lo files for all the undefined symbols were built and are in the 
> ini directory.  There are no .o files there (I don't know if there 
> should be).  There is a libinilc.la file in ini, but there is no 
> libini.so file anywhere (again I don't know if there should be at this 
> point in the build).  I don't understand why it can't find it's own 
> library files.  I wonder if there is a problem with one of the 
> makefiles.  Can anyone advise me on how to finish the build?
> 
> Thanks, Bill
> 

I failed to mention that I'm using gcc 3.4.1 and GNU make 3.8.

-- 

William D. McCoy
Geosciences
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
wdmccoy at geo.umass.edu



More information about the unixODBC-support mailing list