[unixODBC-support] truncated memo fields

tom wright tom at maladmin.com
Wed Nov 16 11:01:04 GMT 2005

Hi folks,
I'm turning to you in desperation.
I'm using OOB to connect a linux (debian AMD64 with unixODBC)
application to a MSAccess database (MDAC 2.8 sp1)
The access database contains some very large memo fields (92160
characters). Everytime I try to select a single one of these fields it
appears that the field is being truncated. When I select just the field
I get approximatly the first 61893 characters, if I try to use LEFT in
my sql statement it gets truncated even more (aprox 261 characters).
I'm a little stuck as to what I can do here, I've tried increasing the
buffer size on the windows side of the ODBC connection, is it possible
(nessecary) to do this on the linux side?
Any tips will be very useful
Thanks
Tom