[unixODBC-support] unixODBC + OCI

chris at luethy.net chris at luethy.net
Tue Nov 8 19:43:14 GMT 2005

I did use the provided Oracle .so setup (provided by unixODBC), which I
suppose is for the Easysoft Oracle driver and not the OCI driver. I did
use it to create a data source, which adds the lines DB=. The two drivers
are quite different, as OCI ignores this line entirely. The OCI driver
requires the tnsnames.ora file and the Server= line in the DSN entry has
to be the name of the TSN service instead of an actual hostname.

Instead of removing it, maybe unixODBC could include an OCI-based setup
.so? Or maybe this is not a responsibility of the project.

Chris Thielen
Programmer, Creative Media