[unixODBC-support] Problem with building unixODBC on Itanium - HPUX 11.23

Joseph P. Remes joe.remes at dbcsoftware.com
Mon May 16 18:30:17 BST 2005

We are in the early stages of porting our product (we call it DX) to
HPUX11.23 on Itanium.

We would like to link libodbc into DX. But we have built DX using 64 bit
mode. When I try to link in libodbc the linker reports an ABI error. It
seems that the configure script does not recognize this environment as
64 bit.

Is there a way to build unixODBC in 64 bit mode on this machine?

If not then we will revert our product to 32 bit mode. We really don't
need the extra memory space.