[unixODBC-support] embeding unixODBC drivers

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue May 10 06:51:12 BST 2005

Andy Howell wrote:

>Is it possible to make static version of the drivers? I'm trying to
>avoid having to install unixODBC on every machine.
>
>Thanks,
>
>	Andy

It depends on the driver. I guess so. But you app will have to cope
without the help the driver anager proides.

Also if you are linking your app directly to the driver, make sure that
you conform to the requirements of whichever license driver is
distributed under.

You only need to create a tar file containing the unixDOBC install parts
and copy that on every machine. Why not make up a tar file containing
the driver manager libs, bins, and the driver libs, and include a
configured odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini, then its one step to install.