[unixODBC-support] Using MyODBC with UnixODBC for MSSQL

David Vaughan dvaughan at am-a.com
Tue Mar 22 23:21:05 GMT 2005

I am trying to establish a communication channel between a Fedora core 2 box
and MSSQL 7. On our old Mandrake box I used FreeTDS 7.0 with UnixODBC to
accomplish this, however since moving to Fedora I heard you can use MYODBC
instead and not have to worry about FreeTDS (even heard it might not be
supported).  I am having trouble getting MYODBC to work and have found
virtually no documentation that discusses using MYODBC with MSSQL. I have
seen MS ACCESS mentioned however.

Can I use MYODBC with MSSQL? Any reason FreeTDS may not work?

Thanks in advance.

This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s).  It may
contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information.  If you are not
a designated recipient, you may not review, modify, copy or distribute this
message or its contents.  If you receive this message in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Thank you.