[unixODBC-support] driver logging

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Fri Mar 4 17:29:33 GMT 2005

> Ah, yes, I have had that reported on suse as well. I haven't managed to
> get it to happen on a machine where I can track down whats going wrong.

from unixodbc/configure generated by autoconf 2.59 from CVS sources:

# This must be Linux ELF.
linux*)
  []
  library_names_spec='${libname}${release}${shared_ext}$versuffix ${libname}${release}${shared_ext}$major $libname${shared_ext}'

from unixodbc/configure in 2.2.11 tarball:

# This must be Linux ELF.
linux-gnu*)
  []
  library_names_spec='${libname}${release}.so$versuffix ${libname}${release}.so$major $libname.so'

In my CVS configure, ${shared_ext} is not defined.

Googling a bit turns up:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-libtool/2003-07/msg00008.html

It's a symptom of the ancient ltmain.sh shipped with unixODBC and trying
to use it with a more modern libtool.m4.  Are you still using libtool 1.4?

Eric