[unixODBC-support] driver logging

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Tue Mar 1 21:42:54 GMT 2005

> Yep. However beware, you have to make sure the varargs stuff and the
> vsnprintf works on some of the odd platforms that people use this stuff
> on.

I understand that very well.  (I sent you an OpenVMS patch, remember?)

> Maybe having a vlogPushMsg would be a way of doing this.

Yes, it absolutely would have to be a separate function.  I shouldn't
have used the same name in the example I gave.

The main problem with just changing the behavior of logPushMsg to
expect a format string followed by additional arguments would be
that any code using the current logPushMsg() would be exposed to
format string security vulnerabilities, since they wouldn't be
expecting to have to escape %'s.

I can code this up, make sure it works on the platforms I support, and
commit it if you like.

Eric