[unixODBC-support] Problems with finding libverify.so ( when trying to connect using the odbc-jdbc gateway)

Sunitha Kambhampati ksunithaghm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 20:03:31 BST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to use the odbc-jdbc gateway to connect to Derby ( embedded
mode). I had already installed unixODBC before installing the odbc-jdbc
gateway.
 I have the datasource setup ok and I can connect to derby via the isql
tool.

But when I try to connect to it via an executable that I have that
actually uses ODBC to connect to the database,  I am getting the
following error
Unable to load native library: libverify.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

My ld.so.conf has the path to the libverify.so as well as libjvm.so.
I exported LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have path to both libverify.so and libjvm.so.

My machine is a Suse 9.2 and the jvm I am using is jdk1.4.2. (sun).

My ld.so.conf  ( part of it looks like this)
/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-sun-1.4.2.05/jre/lib/i386/client
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-sun-1.4.2.05/jre/lib/i386
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/usr/local/easysoft/lib

/usr/lib/unixODBC

Is there some way to debug this ? Why is it not able to find libverify.so.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunitha.