[unixODBC-support] Re: unixODBC and freeTDS column-wise parameter binding

Alexander Zlotnikov (azlotnlk) azlotnlk at cisco.com
Tue Jun 14 16:45:22 BST 2005

Hi Nick, please see the attached log files. Setting SQL_DESC_ARRAY_SIZE
instead of SQL_ATTR_PARAMSET_SIZE did not make a difference. It is on
Solaris 8.

Thanks,

Alex

> Hi,

> Out of interest, can you send a log of what happens with DataDirect
and unixODBC I am interested to see what the difference could be. I
don't know (but others may) if the freeTDS driver supports arrays of
parameters.

> How are you setting the size of the parameter array. via the statement
attr SQL_ATTR_PARAMSET_SIZE, or the descriptor header value
SQL_DESC_ARRAY_SIZE in the APD?

> What platform is it on BTW.

> If the unixODBC DM detects a ODBC 2 driver, it will map a
SQL_ATTR_ROW_ARRAY_SIZE SQLSetStmtAttr to a SQL_ROWSET_SIZE but it
doesn't go near SQL_ATTR_PARAMSET_SIZE.