[unixODBC-support] Install ODBC Config

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Thu Jul 14 21:27:53 BST 2005

arodriguez at dia.uned.es wrote:

>Helo,
>
>I have just installed unixodbc. I have folowed the instruction but I don't have ODBCconfig in my computer.  In the directory "ODBCConfig"  are the files "INSTALL  main.cpp  Makefile  Makefile.am  Makefile.in  README". When I have writen "make" or "maske all" in this directory, the message was: "make: do nothing `all'". I would like somebody to tell me what happen and what I have to do.
>
>Data:
>- Linux (Mandrake)
>- Postgresql 7.3
>- unixODBC-2.2.11
>
>Thanks,
>
>Toni.

Hi,

The configure needs to find QT to build the GUI parts. have a look at
the outptu during configure and see what it says. If you haven't got QT,
you can download and build frpom www.troll.no

The GUI parts are not however necessary to using the driver manager, you
can always edit the ini files by hand to get the same result.

Look on the web site in the docs, there id a unixODBC without the GUI
document taht may help.