[unixODBC-support] problems with unixODBC and MDBTOOLS on RH9

eric belenfant eric.belenfant at ac-orleans-tours.fr
Wed Jan 12 15:58:47 GMT 2005

eric belenfant wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to connect to ACCESS 2000 database on a RH9 OS
>
> i installed
> unixODBC-2.2.10
> mdbtools-0.5-1
> mdbtools-odbc-0.5-1
>
> I execute ODBCConfig and here is my odbcinst.ini
>
> *Code:*
> [MDBToolsODBC]
> Description = MDB Tools ODBC drivers
> Driver = /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so.0
> Setup =
> FileUsage = 1
> CPTimeout =
> CPReuse =
>

> Then I put my DSN in the odbc.ini file
>
> *Code:*
>
> [test]
> Description = test
> Driver = MDBToolsODBC
> Database = /mnt/burotic3/dep/eric/test.mdb
> Servername = localhost
> UserName =
> Password =
> port = 5432
>

> I execute Datamanager and i can see the DSN test
> When i click on test i'm asked a password  ( i don't know why ??!!)
> I have now Tables under test
>
> When i try opening Tables i have
>
> *Code:*
> Failed to SQLTables
>

> No luck !!
>
> What am i missing ??

Well,

when i tried to do
[root at r8pc111 root]# strace isql -v ACCESS-test 2>st.log
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> select * from test

It was OK ... i had the table lines

So think there's a problem with DataManager program, it's impossible
seeing the tables in DataManager.

DataManager asks a Id en Password but there's no password with ACCESS
... which user do i  fill ?
Is it the problem ? maybe !!!

eric

--