[unixODBC-support] Can't connect to PostgreSQL

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Sat Feb 19 08:10:57 GMT 2005

Maxim wrote:

> Driver for PostgreSQL included in unixODBC dist works well with the
> same config files :-).
>
> Does it mean my questions should go to postgresql odbc driver developers?

I think its more likly a question for the makiers of the distribution
you are using.

You may try setting the env var ODBCINI to equal your .odbc.ini file,
the PG driver may be looking at that.

Also can you do a ldd on the postgres driver, to see if its linkes
dynamically with the odbc ini lib.

Third thing to try :-), is to use strace (if you have it) to see what
system calls isql is making with the PG driver, that maygive you some
hints where the driver is going to get its ini information.