[unixODBC-support] Freetds with unixodbc

Jud Bishop judson.bishop at eamc.org
Wed Dec 21 15:52:05 GMT 2005

Brian,

I am not sure this is the best way to do it, but this worked for me.
Here is my setup and I use perl ODBC to pull from an AS400 and drop data
into a MSMSQL database for our web developers.

Perl code to connect:
$my_dbh = DBI->connect ( "dbi:ODBC:SYBASE", $UID, $PW, {
                LongTruncOk => 1
        })
        or die "connection failed to database $DBI::errstr\n";

>From /etc/odbc.ini
[SYBASE]
Driver          = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description     = Sybase
Trace           = 1
Servername      = server1
Database        = people

>From /etc/freetds.conf
# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 2000 configuration
[server1]
        host = server1.eamc.org
        port = 1433
        tds version = 8.0