[unixODBC-support] Freetds with unixodbc

Its Azfar azfarhusain at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 10:21:03 GMT 2005

what i done yet is

unixodbc:
./configure --enable-gui=no
make
make install

freetds:
./configure --with-unixodbc=/usr/local
 make
 make install

Edit freetds.conf:
tds version = 7.0
[plat]
	host = 1.2.3.4
        port = 1433
	tds version = 7.0

Edit odbc.ini:
[plat]
Driver          = TDS
Description     = ODBC connection via FreeTDS
Trace           = No
Server      = 1.2.3.4
Database        = plat
User            = myuser
Password        = mypasswd

Edit odbcinst.ini:
[TDS]
Description     = FreeTDS
Driver          = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Setup           = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
UsageCount      = 1

i can connect to my database by tsql but isql simply
hang when i try to connect. Any help. I need to
connect MS SQL 2000.