[unixODBC-support] differences between php_odbc_nun_rows and isql command output

Roger Peña Escobio orkcu at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 14:28:24 GMT 2005

Hi
please appologies for asking php stuff in this list,
but I coundn't find any other place where to ask about
odbc specific problems with php

I am having problems with the odbc_nun_rows() php
function to get the number of rows I get from a query,
it always return -1 (from the php site it looks that
it is a very common problem) but when I run the same
query with isql command I get the right results.....

my next stept was to find any difference in the way
each client ask for the num_rows, but both use the
same SQL function: SQLRowCount() prety much in the
same way :-(
I get stuck
so anybody here know the reason of this behaivor or
just may help me to continue the research to find and
fix this bug ?

both clients: php and isql, use the same enviroment:
unixODBC and freeTDS packages, MSSQL-2k server
[roger at sauron ~]$ rpm -q unixODBC
unixODBC-2.2.9-1
[roger at sauron ~]$ rpm -q freetds
freetds-0.63-1.2.el4.rf
[roger at sauron ~]$

and CentOS-4.2+updates linux distribution
addicional information: I compiled the most recent
php4 (4.4.1) with no diffence with the one supply by
the distribution

thanks in advance for any tip

roger