[unixODBC-support] odbc.ini question

Daniel Corbe daniel.junkmail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:51:00 BST 2005

I recently installed UnxODBC out of freebsd ports and I have a question

Where the bloody hell am I suppoed to put the odbc.ini file?  I have
it in several obvious locations but it doesn't seem to work!

snmp01# isql -v PRODSQLCLUSTERdsn dcorbe XXXXXXXX
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
default driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

This is my odbc.ini file locate in:
/etc/odbc.ini
/usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
/usr/local/etc/ODBCDataSource/odbc.ini
/usr/local/spool/sql/ini/odbc.ini
~/.odbc.ini

snmp01# cat /etc/odbc.ini
[ODBC Data Sources]
 PRODSQLCLUSTERdsn = Microsoft SQL Server ODBC DSN

[PRODSQLCLUSTERdsn]
 Driver          = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
 Description     = Microsoft SQL Server ODBC DSN
 Trace           = No
 Servername      = PRODSQLCLUSTER
 Database        = NOC_Monitor

[Default]
 Driver          = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

What am I doing wrong?