[unixODBC-support] 64-bit unixODBC on Solaris 9

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido gerardo.santana at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:44:16 BST 2005

I'm experiencing problems with unixODBC compiled as a 64-bit binary on
Solaris 9. I built it using Sun's compiler with the -xarch=v9 option.
Everything is working fine except the binding of parameters.

I found that out while testing ruby-odbc. Some inserts worked but some
didn't, and after debugging it I found that  those inserts where using
parametrized queries. I traced it until the call to
SQLBindingParameters, the values passed to SQLBindingParameters are
correct. But even though I'm passing a value of 3 with a size of 8
(that's the sizeof long), unixODBC is inserting zero.

I'm using Informix 9.4.

I'd appreciate any hint or direction.

--
Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido