[unixODBC-support] "Can't initiate unicode conversion" with unixODBC and freeTDS

Hydak, Christopher chydak at corp.untd.com
Wed Apr 27 16:17:37 BST 2005

I am experiencing this problem when trying to run isql against my DSN.
I'm running SunOS 5.6.  I've tried disabling libiconv on both freeTDS
and unixODBC and also configuring using the GNU libiconv....to no avail.

[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[IM003][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't initiate unicode conversion
[28000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login incorrect.
[][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'user'.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Here are the versions I'm running:

GNU libiconv 1.9.1
FreeTDS 0.63
UnixODBC 2.2.11

Here is my odbc.ini file

[DBservername]
Description = FreeTSD to Database Server Driver = TDS Servername =
db.mycompany.com Database = DBname UID = user PWD = "password"
Trace = No
Protocol = 4.2
Port = 1433

Any help would be very appreciative.  BTW, I cross-posted this to the
freeTDS mailing list cause I don't know if it's unixODBC or freeTDS
giving me problems.

Chris