[unixODBC-support] Oracle Heterogeneous Services + Replication

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Tue Apr 19 20:04:49 BST 2005

> >Nick, if you want to add an addendum to the Easysoft tutorial, I can
> >send you additional info.
>
> Please do. :-)

Hmm.  It seems my success was limited in scope.

When I try to use the database link within sql*plus, everything seems
fine, but when I try to direct the streams apply process to use it,
I get this in the logs:

ORA-28522: error initializing heterogeneous capabilities
ORA-28505: cannot get non-Oracle system capabilities from sys.hs_class_caps
ORA-28559: FDS_CLASS_NAME is ODBC10.1.0.2.0_172, FDS_INST_NAME is NETRICSSERVER

sys.hs_class_caps and is populated with entries for FDS_CLASS_NAME
= ODBC10.1.0.2.0_172, but most of the values are NULL.

I guess that's right, though.  Oracle can't really know what the
other datasource supports until it actually establishes the connection
and can call SQLGetInfo.

Something is still obviously misconfigured, but I'm not sure what.

Eric