[unixODBC-support] Oracle Heterogeneous Services + Replication

Nagy Gabor linux42 at freemail.hu
Tue Apr 19 11:36:52 BST 2005

On 05-Apr-18 12:41, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> Sorry, this isn't really unixODBC specific.
>
> I'm trying to configure Oracle Heterogeneous Services.  There's an
> excellent tutorial on the Easysoft site:
>
> http://www.easysoft.com/products/2104/hsodbc.phtml
>
> (Nick, did you write this?)  And following that tutorial everything
> works and I can access non-Oracle tables from within Oracle just fine.

Hmm. May I ask what OS you run Oracle on? And what version of Oracle?

I was trying to set up hsodbc, and I managed to do it on Windows, but
failed on Linux.

specifically in the listener configuration
PROGRAM=hsodbc was invalid, and some oracle people told me that hsodbc was
not supported on Linux.

Since I have used a different (windows specific) tutorial from the one you
have used, your success may be good news for me.

I have skimmed the easysoft tutorial, but did not find any reference to
the operating system.

Cheers,
Gabor