[unixODBC-support] Determining the size of a blob?

Charles Sugnet sugnet at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Apr 4 18:25:37 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm relatively new to odbc and would like to know if there is any way
to determine the size of a blob so I can allocate an adequate size
buffer to copy it into. I'm mainly interested in storing text that
doesn't fit into a varchar field.

I'm trying to branch out from being MySQL dependent and the unixODBC
driver seems like a great way to generalize to many databases at once.
I've found it very straight forward to do most things so far, this is
the last obstacle in my path currently. Any pointers to the use of
blobs with odbc would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Chuck Sugnet

http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~sugnet