[unixODBC-support] Does unixODBC on Mac OS X works?

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Mon Apr 11 17:31:29 BST 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>>>    cursor.c:41: warning: passing arg 1 of `SQLAllocHandle' with
>>>    different width due to prototype
>>>
>>>    cursor.c:44: warning: passing arg 1 of `SQLGetDiagRec' with
>>>    different width due to prototype
>>>
>>>    cursor.c:44: warning: passing arg 3 of `SQLGetDiagRec' with
>>>    different width due to prototype

>>>    /and so on/
>>>

>>>Are these messages normal?
>>>

>>They look like a problem waiting to happen. I suspect that Grass has a
>>different view about what a SQLHANDLE is from the header files.
>>

>Nick, the arguments in question seem to be short int vs. int,
>not pointer size.
>
>i.e. arg 1 of `SQLAllocHandle' is an SQLSMALLINT (the handle type).

Yes, you are right, I guess you would have to check the code in grass to
see if its a real problem or something the compiler should convert
without problem.

The headers define the handle types as default ints

#define SQL_HANDLE_ENV             1

So thats passed into a function thats prototyped to expect a SQLSMALLINT
(that works out as a signed short int)

I wouldn't expect that to cause a problem.