[unixODBC-support] Does unixODBC on Mac OS X works?

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Fri Apr 8 16:21:04 BST 2005

Nick wrote

>>% dltest /usr/local/grasslib/lib/libmyodbc3.so SQLAllocEnv
>>SUCCESS: Loaded /usr/local/grasslib/lib/libmyodbc3.so
>>ERROR: dlcompat: Symbol "__SQLAllocEnv" not found
>>  Could not find SQLAllocEnv
>>
>>% dltest /usr/local/grasslib/lib/libmyodbc3.so SQLAllocHandle
>>SUCCESS: Loaded /usr/local/grasslib/lib/libmyodbc3.so
>>ERROR: dlcompat: Symbol "__SQLAllocHandle" not found
>>  Could not find SQLAllocHandle
>

>Ok, I think I have seen that before, I think its because the drivers
>may be built using the fink dlopen and the driver manager may be
>using the MAC one, or the other way around.

My FINK is disabled and I use only Apple Development Tool but it's
strange because I have seen inside libmyodbc3.so binary file with a
text editor and inside there are the references to that variables:

......_mysql_field_count

How I can build the bin in exact way?

||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131