[unixODBC-support] Does unixODBC on Mac OS X works?

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Thu Apr 7 16:31:20 BST 2005

> > DBMI-ODBC driver error: SQLConnect():
> > [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_HENV
> > failed (0)

I'm not sure if this is at all relevent, but at one point while
developing my driver, I was getting similar errors.  (In my case,
it was actually IM005, Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_HDBC
failed.)

This happened because I'd mis-linked the driver, accidently including
the driver manager in the library list.  The application had requested
ODBC version 2, in which case the driver manager prefers to call
SQLAllocEnv/SQLAllocConnect etc. over SQLAllocHandle.  Since my driver
does not provide a handle allocation routine other than SQLAllocHandle,
but was linked to the driver manager, the driver manager ended up
calling itself, rather than SQLAllocHandle in the driver, and that
lead to the IM005 error.

This is probably not what's happening in your case, but I just thought
I'd mention it as a possibility.

Eric