[unixODBC-support] include files for odbc.ini

Nick Gorham nick at easysoft.com
Wed Sep 29 00:31:07 BST 2004

Douglas Held wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think it would be nice to use include files for odbc.ini (and possible
> odbcinst.ini).
>
> This way, our application can manage its own set of unixODBC
> connections, without fear of trampling on other, unrelated values.
>
> Is this a feature already supported?  Does this this sound interesting
> to anyone?

Interesting idea, but I am not sure how it would work in practice, if
you had a syntax for including files in the ini files, would it not
affect all other users of the ini files.

I wonder if what you are trying to do (only guessing, i don't know
exactly what it is) could not be done using file dsn's

BTW, I have added dheld at verity.com to the accept list of the mailing
list, but unless you subscribe, you won't get postings to the list
unless your email is added to the CC line.