[unixODBC-support] Generic ODBC driver help

pj at cassens.com pj at cassens.com
Fri Sep 24 22:13:47 BST 2004

I've got unixODBC installed on FC2 and functioning with an Invformix server. I also have the perl DBD-ODBC installed but is untested for now.

My real goal is to make an ODBC connection to a proprietary application that we have purchased an ODBC server interface for. The problem is that they ONLY provide a Windows client. I don't want to use a Windows box. They ODBC server claims to be ODBC 2.0 compliant. Is there any generic way to connect to an ODBC server? Most everything has some specific driver required. I have no such driver and my Googling has come up empty for this specific issue. The company in question claims that I can ONLY use the Windows client to connect, but I don't believe them.

Thank you for any help...