[unixODBC-support] Cannot run SQL using isql utility on AIX/DB2

Lee Purchase Lee.Purchase at exel.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 11:28:17 BST 2004

Hi,

I've installed unixODBC-2.2.9 on a machine running AIX 5.2 and DB2 8.1.6. I'm using the isql utility provided with unixODBC to connect to a DB2 database on the same machine. I have set up a DSN in the odbc.ini file and I use the following command to connect:

isql -v e8aixdev efacs efacs

This part seems to work because I get the "Connected!" message appearing. However, if I then attempt to run any SQL (such as "select * from areacode") I get the following error:

[58004][unixODBC][IBM][CLI Driver] SQL0901N  The SQL statement failed because of a non-severe system error. Subsequent SQL statements can be processed. (Reason "Unsupported function for SPMDB connect".) SQLSTATE=58004

This happens no matter what command I type (even "help"). The only command that works is "quit"!

Does anyone have any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Many thanks.

Lee

http://www.star.net.uk