[unixODBC-support] makefailed witherror bison:/usr/local/share/bison.simple:No such file or d

Wendy Li wxli at gw.dec.state.ny.us
Mon Sep 20 19:27:49 BST 2004

yes, I've rerun configure, and below is the output. It seems to me that it finds bison to be ok. but why I'm getting error while run "make". Thanks a lot.
―-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

./configure --prefix=/export/unixODBC
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /common/gnu/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /common/gnu/bin/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking sys/sem.h usability... yes
checking sys/sem.h presence... yes
checking for sys/sem.h... yes
checking Have we enabled using RTDL_GROUP ... yes
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output... ok
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
*** Warning: Releases of GCC earlier than version 3.0 cannot reliably
*** create self contained shared libraries on Solaris systems, without
*** introducing a dependency on libgcc.a.  Therefore, libtool is disabling
*** -no-undefined support, which will at least allow you to build shared
*** libraries.  However, you may find that when you link such libraries
*** into an application without using GCC, you have to manually add
*** `gcc --print-libgcc-file-name` to the link command.  We urge you to
*** upgrade to a newer version of GCC.  Another option is to rebuild your
*** current GCC to use the GNU linker from GNU binutils 2.9.1 or newer.

yes
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.8 ld.so
checking whether to build static libraries... no
creating libtool
checking if we are using the included libltdl ... yes
checking which extension is used for shared libraries... .so
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for encoding to use for CHAR representations ... auto-search
checking for encoding to use for UNICODE representations ... auto-search
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for readline in -lreadline ... no
checking for readline in -lreadline -lcurses ... yes
checking readline/history.h usability... no
checking readline/history.h presence... no
checking for readline/history.h... no
checking Are we using flex ... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for long long... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for atoll... yes
checking for strtoll... yes
checking for endpwent... yes
checking for mutex_lock in -lthread ... yes
checking if compiler accepts -mt... no
checking for localtime_r in -lc... yes
checking for ftok... yes
checking for semget... yes
checking for shmget... yes
checking for semop... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for semundo union... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for X... libraries /usr/openwin/lib, headers /usr/openwin/include
checking for libXext... yes
checking for Qt... no
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking for moc... not found
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking pwd.h usability... yes
checking pwd.h presence... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking crypt.h usability... yes
checking crypt.h presence... yes
checking for crypt.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking synch.h usability... yes
checking synch.h presence... yes
checking for synch.h... yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking sys/malloc.h usability... no
checking sys/malloc.h presence... no
checking for sys/malloc.h... no
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/sem.h... (cached) yes
checking msql.h usability... no
checking msql.h presence... no
checking for msql.h... no
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for socket... no
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for setenv... no
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for strchr... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating extras/Makefile
config.status: creating log/Makefile
config.status: creating lst/Makefile
config.status: creating sqp/Makefile
config.status: creating ini/Makefile
config.status: creating odbcinst/Makefile
config.status: creating cur/Makefile
config.status: creating DriverManager/Makefile
config.status: creating odbcinstQ/Makefile
config.status: creating exe/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/drvcfg1/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/drvcfg2/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/PostgreSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/nn/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/esoob/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/oplodbc/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/template/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/tds/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/txt/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Oracle/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/sapdb/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/PostgreSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/Postgre7.1/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/nn/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/txt/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/txt/doc/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/odbc/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/template/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/MiniSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating include/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/AdministratorManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/ProgrammerManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/ProgrammerManual/Tutorial/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/UserManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/lst/Makefile
config.status: creating DataManager/Makefile
config.status: creating DataManagerII/Makefile
config.status: creating ODBCConfig/Makefile
config.status: creating odbctest/Makefile
config.status: creating autotest/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/Makefile
configure: configuring in libltdl
configure: running /bin/bash './configure' --prefix=/export/unixODBC  '--prefix=/export/unixODBC' --enable-ltdl-convenience --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /common/gnu/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for inline... inline
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output... ok
checking for egrep... egrep
[...]

checking whether gcc supports assert without backlinking... no
checking which extension is used for shared libraries... .so
checking which variable specifies run-time library path... LD_LIBRARY_PATH
checking for the default library search path... /lib /usr/lib
checking for objdir... .libs
checking whether libtool supports -dlopen/-dlpreopen... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dld_link in -ldld... no
checking for dlerror... yes
checking for _ prefix in compiled symbols... no
checking whether deplibs are loaded by dlopen... yes
checking argz.h usability... no
checking argz.h presence... no
checking for argz.h... no
checking for error_t... no
checking for argz_append... no
checking for argz_create_sep... no
checking for argz_insert... no
checking for argz_next... no
checking for argz_stringify... no
checking errno.h usability... yes
checking errno.h presence... yes
checking for errno.h... yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking stdio.h usability... yes
checking stdio.h presence... yes
checking for stdio.h... yes
checking ctype.h usability... yes
checking ctype.h presence... yes
checking for ctype.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking dl.h usability... no
checking dl.h presence... no
checking for dl.h... no
checking sys/dl.h usability... yes
checking sys/dl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/dl.h... yes
checking dld.h usability... no
checking dld.h presence... no
checking for dld.h... no
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strrchr... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
checking for memmove... yes
checking for strcmp... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h

―------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy

Wendy Li wrote:
> I've installed a newer version of bison, but I'm still getting errors:
>
> bison -y   `test -f 'yac.y' || echo './'`yac.y
> *** Signal 13
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `yac.c'
> Current working directory /export/unixODBC-2.2.9/sqp
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
>
> what is it about? Thanks. BTW, I havenot installed the unixODBC in
> default /usr/local/ directory, but somewhere else.

Have you rerun configure ?

It looks like bison doesn't work now, see what configure finds.