[unixODBC-support] make failed witherror bison:/usr/local/share/bison.simple: No such file or d

Wendy Li wxli at gw.dec.state.ny.us
Mon Sep 20 18:34:38 BST 2004

I've installed a newer version of bison, but I'm still getting errors:

bison -y   `test -f 'yac.y' || echo './'`yac.y
*** Signal 13
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `yac.c'
Current working directory /export/unixODBC-2.2.9/sqp
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

what is it about? Thanks. BTW, I havenot installed the unixODBC in
default /usr/local/ directory, but somewhere else.

Wendy

Wendy Li wrote:
> I can't rename bison since it's being used by some other program.
What
> else I can do to force it build without bison? Thanks a lot.

Depends if you want the drivers.

If you don't need the drivers, --enable-drivers=no should stop it
needing bison.

Otherwise, could you rename bison while you run configure and put it
back afterwards ?

Looking about, this error indicates its a very old version of bison,
could you not update ?