[unixODBC-support] make failed with error bison:/usr/local/share/bison.simple: No such file or d

Wendy Li wxli at gw.dec.state.ny.us
Mon Sep 20 15:31:27 BST 2004

I can't rename bison since it's being used by some other program. What
else I can do to force it build without bison? Thanks a lot.

Wendy

Wendy Li wrote:

> I'm installing unixODBC on solaris 8 and got the following error
while
> try "make", do I have to install bison on this box? Thanks.

Sounds like you have a part install of bison. the configure found a
bison executable, but when using it, it failed.

check what bison executable its finding, and rename it. then rerun the

configure. Shoudl build without bison.