[unixODBC-support] unixODBC 2.2.9 leak on AIX 5.2

Saunders, Steve ssaunders at docucorp.com
Fri Sep 10 23:48:35 BST 2004

Hello,

I think I have uncovered a leak in unixODBC 2.2.9 on AIX 5.2.

I have built from the latest source unixODBC 2.2.9 on AIX 5.2.

While unit testing some old software that uses ODBC that we have here (it
has been well tested on WIN32 and fairly well on Linux RedHat 7.3 and RedHat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v3.0/unixODBC 2.2.3-6 ) against unixODBC 2.2.9 on
AIX using two different DB drivers (DB2 v8.1.0 and
MySQL-4.0.20/MyODBC-3.51.09) the memory usage of the application continues
to climb.

I have run the same test on RHEL v3.0/unixODBC 2.2.3-6 and have run this
test on WIN32 in the not so distant past making he same queries to
MySQL-4.0.20-0/MyODBC-3.51.09-1 and the memory usage remains stable under
long-term testing on those platforms.

I can run it with RHEL against the same version of DB2 (already installed)
as an additional test but that doesn't seem necessary.

Right now I am in the process of building a Solaris 5.7 version of MySQL
4.0.20, MyODBC 3.51.09, and have already built unixODBC-2.2.9 on that
platform.  I can test the presence of a leak on that platform too if
necessary.

Do you have any tricks I can use on AIX 5.2 to get to the cause of the leak?

Thanks,
Steven Saunders