[unixODBC-support] Trouble connecting to SQL Server database

Stephen knucerdouw at chyovirton.mailexpire.com
Thu Sep 9 16:34:09 BST 2004

Greetings,

I've recently installed the unixODBC driver and FreeTDS provider in
Mandrake 10 using their default packages.  After configuring a SQL
Server database, and attempting to execute a query, I happily get back
the results.

However, when I use isql to test the ODBC part of things, I get the
following error:

[IM004][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Now, the only fixes for this problem I've seen using google involve DB2
(setting the instance in the environment), and so I'm stumped as to what
I might need to do for a SQL Server database.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen.