[unixODBC-support] RE: configure with qt-mt

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Wed Sep 8 20:20:54 BST 2004

I have been trying to build the gui modules with qt.  I have the qt
libraries installed.  2.2.9 was missing some code in a configuration
file.  I got the cvs source and config.log looks more like what I
expect.  Now the -L<my library path for qt> is used and -lqt-mt is used.

However, config.log shows the following.  Hopefully, the wrapping
appears better than what I see while composing this message.

This is on Solaris 9 and using Sun's compiler.

configure:24522: checking for Qt
configure:24628: CC -o conftest -g -I/opt/csw/kde-gcc/include
-I/usr/openwin/i\nclude -I/opt/csw/kde-gcc/include -I/opt/csw/include
-L/opt/csw/kde-gcc/lib  -L\/usr/openwin/lib conftest.cc  -lthread
-lqt-mt  -lXext -lX11 -lsocket >&5
QStringData*QString::makeSharedNull() conftest.o
QString::null                conftest.o
[Hint: static member QString::null must be defined in the program]

QString::shared_null         conftest.o
[Hint: static member QString::shared_null must be defined in the
program]

void QStringData::deleteSelf()  conftest.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

Ideas?
Thanks, Alex