[unixODBC-support] mdbtools + unixODBC

S. Streltsov streltsov at ph2.uni-koeln.de
Mon Sep 6 20:43:28 BST 2004

Dear users of unixODBC,

I'm looking for your help. That something absolutely strange.

I'm trying to combine mdbtools + unixODBC for further using by php (through
Apache) in order to have an access to MS Access database. It seems that
mdbtools works well because one the utility (gmb2) read database with out any
problems.

After that I'm trying to explore with DataManager my database and DataManager
see its name, but then I trying to open it, DataManager give following error
message : "[unixODBC] Could not find DSN in odbc.ini". These is my
/etc/odbc.ini

[planeta]
Description = Microsoft Access Database of Dogs
Driver      = MDBToolsODBC
Database    = /tmp/1.mdb
Servername  = localhost
UserName    =
Password    =
port        = 5432

On the other hand, then I try Configurate this database in ODBCConfig,
it also has two errors (one after another) "Could not construct a property
list for (MDBToolsODBC)"and "General installer error".

These is my /etc/odbcinst.ini

[PostgreSQL]
Description             = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage               = 1

[MDBToolsODBC]
Description             = MDB Tools ODBC drivers
Driver          = /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so.0
Setup           =
FileUsage               = 1
CPTimeout               =
CPReuse         =

Please recommend me something. How to make them work ???
I really do not know what I can do. ;-((

Sincerely yours,
Serg Streltsov.

University of Cologne.