[unixODBC-support] cursor not supported in unixodbc?

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Thu Oct 28 07:48:19 BST 2004

Tom Lee wrote:

> Yes. I tried the latest version with MyODBC 3.5.1. The SQL Connect is
> OK now.
> Thanks.
>
> However, it comes with another problem.
>
> I want to reuse hstmt handler, even after I run
> SQLFreeStmt(hstmt, SQL_RESET_PARAMS);
> I still cannot reuse hstmt. However, iODBC has no such a problem.

Well, if there is a cursor open on that statement, then its right to
fail, you ould normally expect to need a free stmt with a SQL_CLOSE.
Send a ODBC trace and I will check.

I would be supprised is the states checking is wrong, it may just be
that iODBC doesn't bother checking what it should. A trace will show
whats going on.