[unixODBC-support] FreeBSD + Informix

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Tue Oct 19 07:43:03 BST 2004

Josep Pujadas i Jubany wrote:

>Nick,
>
>The error is [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
>I can install 'strace' if yo want. BSD systems have 'truss' command. Here is
>the result:

No thats fine. the log shows its loading the driver ok, but the driver
seems to be failing to find some of the files it needs.

I think it goes wrong after this

open("/usr/home/informix/etc/informix.rc",0x0,00) ERR#2 'No such file or

The rest of the file not found, I think are the driver trying to find message catalogs to format a error message.

I would expect another error line from isql if you ise the -v error. The line you show is isql reporting the SQLConnect failed, I would then expect (with -v) for it to display any diag messages it got from the driver. Maybe it didn't get any because the driver couldn't find the files it waw looking for.

I would guess you need a bit more of the informix install, or maybe set some environment settings to point the driver at the files its looking for.

Do you have a informix.rc file anywhere ?