[unixODBC-support] Progress and unixODBC

Derrick fogle derrick at foundationcomputing.com
Wed Oct 13 19:13:10 BST 2004

On Oct 13, 2004, at 10:42 AM, Nick Gorham wrote:

> Michael Riley wrote:
>
>> Has anyone used Progress with unixODBC to access a foreign database?

I've been working on this. I do not have it functional yet. Here's a
summary:

Running Progress SQL92 client on Linux RH Enterprise server (we bought
the client from Progress)
The Progress database itself is running on a windows system

When we installed the Progress client on the Linux machine, we could
get the SQLExplorer client to work correctly, but can't get unixODBC to
connect. When I trace the unixODBC calls, unixODBC starts looking for
libraries in directories that don't exist. I've been meaning to re-make
the unixODBC with all the --DIR flags I can come up with, but haven't
gotten there yet.

Let me know if you've got questions, I can dump out or maybe have some
pointers for me, because I'm not so *nix savvy.

-Derrick