[unixODBC-support] unixODBC installation issues

Lakshmi Vaimpalli lakshmi.vaimpalli at firstlogic.com
Sat Nov 6 00:58:59 GMT 2004

I am new to unixODBC installation. I downloaded the unixODBC from the site
and trying to install with the following steps.
steps:

1.configure --prefix=/local/apps/unixODBC-2.2.10 --enable-gui
--enable-drivers --enable-threads --with-qt-dir=DIR1
--with-qt-includes=DIR1/inc --with-qt-libraries= DIR1/lib
where DIR1 is QT333 installation directory. We have QT customized
installation like using some flags according to our company needs.

2.make

3.make install

After installation I see the following executables in the /bin folder
dltest
isql
iusql
odbc_config
odbcinst

4.I see the GUI utility ODBCConfig in the source /ODBCConfig folder. But
when I execute it's throwing errors
"Failed to execute SQLMAnageDataSource()"  Enter OK button on this dialog
takes to another error
"The most likely reason for this is that the Qt GUI plugin couldn't found or
could not be loaded
 Ensure that libodbcinstQ.* files are in the library search path or set the
environment LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH"

5.But my /odbcinstQ folder have only "libodbcinstQ.la" and I put this in the
lib path... still then it is not working.

Can somebody help in this.. I would really appreciate, becuase I am working
on this since two days....
Thanks in advance

Lakshmi Vaimpalli
Development
mailto: lakshmi.vaimpalli at firstlogic.com
608.788.8154 x3045
Firstlogic, Inc.
100 Harborview Plaza | La Crosse WI  54601