[unixODBC-support] Debian PHP fails odbc_connect -- isql connects fine

ken junk junkken at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 03:58:07 GMT 2004

I am using standard installation of PHP 4.3.9-1 Linux debian 2.4.25-1-386
--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr'  configure command. I can get isql to connect
and query data fine. I get Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error:
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver
specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in phpt.php line 23 when using php
via apache or from command line. Additionally, using the ODBCConfig tool
indicates it can not find odbc.ini and complains about not being able to
find component name. Once in the config tool I can not configure a system
DSN only a user DSN. odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini exist in /etc and
freetds.conf exists in /etc/freetds.

Can someone tell be how to begin to determine exactly what the problem is?
Thanks, Ken