[unixODBC-support] Data srouce name not found ..

Dennis Pfeifer Dennis.Pfeifer at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Nov 3 15:22:12 GMT 2004

It was in the original email .. maybe it didn't make it . ...

odbcinst .. states that I'm using 2.2.8

isql states that I'm using 2.2.8
[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ isql --version
unixODBC 2.2.8

below are the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ cat /etc/odbcinst.ini
# Example driver definitinions
#
#

# Included in the unixODBC package
[PostgreSQL]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage       = 1

[FreeTDS]
Description     = v0.62 with protocol v4.2
Driver          = /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage       = 1

[ODBC]
Trace = 1
Pooling = No
FileUsage =1
CommLog =1
Debug = 1

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ cat /etc/odbc.ini
[ODBC]
Trace=yes
TraceFile=/tmp/odbc.trace
Debug=yes
DebugFile=/tmp/odbc.log

[ODBC Data Sources]
 CDRtest = CDR Test Odr

[CDRtest]
        Driver          = FreeTDS
        Description     = Test CDR
        ServerName      = CDRtestOdr

[Default]
        Driver          = FreeTDS

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ cat /home/hci/.odbc.ini

>>> nick.gorham at easysoft.com 11/3/2004 9:22:55 AM >>>
Dennis Pfeifer wrote:

>I apologize for bothering every one .. but .. I've spent a couple of
>days attempting to get this to function and have not been able to do
so
>..
>
>I'm using FreeTDS and unixODBC to (attempt to) connect to a database
on
>RH E 3.0
>
>tsql from freeTDS connects just fine ..

What version of unixODBC do you have, and can you just show the
contents
of odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini