[unixODBC-support] Data srouce name not found ..

Dennis Pfeifer Dennis.Pfeifer at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Nov 3 14:45:53 GMT 2004

I apologize for bothering every one .. but .. I've spent a couple of
days attempting to get this to function and have not been able to do so
..

I'm using FreeTDS and unixODBC to (attempt to) connect to a database on
RH E 3.0

tsql from freeTDS connects just fine ..

Here's some info that I hope will be of use ..

Thanks
Dennis

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ isql CDRtest  -v
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
default driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ odbcinst -j
unixODBC 2.2.8
DRIVERS............: /etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /etc/odbc.ini
USER DATA SOURCES..: /home/hci/.odbc.ini

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ odbcinst -q -d
[PostgreSQL]
[FreeTDS]

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ odbcinst -q -s
[ODBC]
[CDRtest]
[Default]

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ cat /etc/odbcinst.ini
# Example driver definitinions
#
#

# Included in the unixODBC package
[PostgreSQL]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage       = 1

[FreeTDS]
Description     = v0.62 with protocol v4.2
Driver          = /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage       = 1

[ODBC]
Trace = 1
Pooling = No
FileUsage =1
CommLog =1
Debug = 1

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ cat /etc/odbc.ini
[ODBC]
Trace=yes
TraceFile=/tmp/odbc.trace
Debug=yes
DebugFile=/tmp/odbc.log

[ODBC Data Sources]
 CDRtest = CDR Test Odr

[CDRtest]
        Driver          = FreeTDS
        Description     = Test CDR
        ServerName      = CDRtestOdr

[Default]
        Driver          = FreeTDS

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ cat /home/hci/.odbc.ini

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ cat ~/.freetds.conf
[global]
        tds version = 4.2

[CDRtestOdr]
        host = swsu66.swmed.edu
        port = 3024
        tds version = 5.0

[hci at swlxt26 hci]$ tsql -S CDRtestOdr -Uxxxx -Pxxxx
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
Msg 2409, Level 11, State 2, Server , Line 1
Cannot find the requested character set in Syscharsets:  name =
'utf8'.

Msg 2411, Level 10, State 1, Server , Line 1
No conversions will be done.

1>