[unixODBC-support] Problem with compiling simple ODBC program

Martin J. Evans martin at easysoft.com
Wed Jul 28 21:17:00 BST 2004

You haven't said how you are compiling your program. /etc/ld.so.conf defines
what the dynamic linker does at run time - not link time. Assuming your program
is odbc.c

gcc -o myprogram odbc.c -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lodbc

should do it. The -L tells the linker where to look for libraries and shared
objects, the -l tells it which libraries and shared objects to consider
(libodbc.so or libodbc.a) and -I tells the compiler where to find header files
(like sql.h). It should produce myprogram which you can run at which time
/etc/ld.so.conf comes in to play.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans