[unixODBC-support] unixODBC latest release Vs. RedHat's latest RPM

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Thu Dec 30 14:14:14 GMT 2004

Ramon Danieli wrote:

>Hi,
>Does anyone happen to know the differences between RedHat's latest RPM
>(unixODBC-2.2.9-1, for their soon-to-arrive new 4.0AS release) and 2.2.10?

I would guess its just the list thats mentions on the unixODBC site.

>More specifically, it is more comfortable for us to use RedHat's RPM, but the
>question is what we can loose. I have seen the release notes ("News" section)
>in the web site, but:
>1) I probably do not understand all entries there.
>2) RedHat's release may be different than original 2.2.9 release.

I would be supprised if there are any significant differences between RH
2.2.9 and the one from source. I guess, if the changes don't seem to
affect what you are doing, then there is no big deal using rge RH RPM.
Most changes that we make are minor, and are related to stuff people are
doing that may be outside the normal use of unixODBC.

At the end of the day, if you use the RH 2.2.9 and find a problem, you
can still then go to 2.2.10 or whatever. There are 2.2.10 RPM's up on
the sourceforge site though...

>Few words about the application:
>Linux (i686) based, multi threaded (parallel access), libodbc++ wrapper,
>production environment, PostGreSQL.
>
>Please reply also to: ramond at post.tau.ac.il

It would be simpiler if you just joined the mailing list :-), but I just
found this morning the web server on that machine hadn't been started
:-( (it is now).