[unixODBC-support] unixODBC latest release Vs. RedHat's latest RPM

Ramon Danieli ramond at post.tau.ac.il
Thu Dec 30 13:32:34 GMT 2004

Hi,
Does anyone happen to know the differences between RedHat's latest RPM
(unixODBC-2.2.9-1, for their soon-to-arrive new 4.0AS release) and 2.2.10?

More specifically, it is more comfortable for us to use RedHat's RPM, but the
question is what we can loose. I have seen the release notes ("News" section)
in the web site, but:
1) I probably do not understand all entries there.
2) RedHat's release may be different than original 2.2.9 release.

Few words about the application:
Linux (i686) based, multi threaded (parallel access), libodbc++ wrapper,
production environment, PostGreSQL.

Please reply also to: ramond at post.tau.ac.il

Thanks,
Ramon